Transform your iPad into a full-color, multi-touch-surface drum module.
Meet the must-have hardware for today’s electronic drummer. The Alesis DM Dock allows you to harness the power of your iPad to create a totally intuitive, customize-able, and world-class drum interface. Simply slide in your iPad, attach the 30-pin or Lightning dock connector, and snap the locking door into position. Your iPad is now safe and secure in a stage-ready package that offers unlimited multi-touch access to the iPad screen. The DM Dock delivers an amazing array of professional inputs, outputs, and hands-on controllers. The iPad offers wireless connectivity and access to a wealth of compatible drum apps—including the DM Touch app, created by Alesis to make the most of the DM Dock. Together they offer a level of total control and integration that no other system can match.
CONNECT AND CONTROL
Make the DM Dock the centerpiece of your custom electronic drum setup. Use it with our impressive Alesis pads, or with nearly any other trigger pads. The twelve trigger pad inputs are equipped with 1/4" TRS jacks, providing full support for dual-zone drum and cymbal pads, triple-zone ride and multi-choke cymbal pads—even acoustic drum triggers. A dedicated 1/4" TRS hi-hat input provides compatibility with continuously variable controllers. There is even a customizable dual footswitch input that can be assigned in your software. DM Dock has what it takes to put together your own custom kit.
SHARE YOUR SOUND
The DM Dock provides professional balanced 1/4" stereo outputs for connection to a sound system, recording console, or monitor amp for when you’re ready to share your sound. The outputs are controlled from the master volume knob. A headphone output—complete with an independent level knob—allows for private practice at any hour. The USB port provides USB MIDI connectivity with your computer. Separate MIDI In and Out jacks allow your DM Dock to join forces with any MIDI-equipped drum machine, synthesizer, or audio gear.
Like the iPad itself, the DM Dock is only limited by your imagination. Benefitting from your iPad's Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, and 3G connectivity, the Alesis DM Dock puts unprecedented capabilities at your fingertips. Quickly change and enhance your drum kit at a moment’s notice; switch to a new snare drum or ride cymbal to suit a venue; apply reverb to suit a particular room’s acoustics; or even create an entirely new kit to suit a last-minute gig. The DM Dock delivers the convenience, power and simplicity you've always wanted in a drum module, and works with virtually any iPad music app that permits external MIDI control—especially the custom DM Touch App. Available at the App Store, DM Touch provides premium drum sounds from the leading software developer SONiVOX with easy drag-and-drop drum kit editing and the ability to connect to other iOS 7 apps using Inter-App Audio such as GarageBand and Cubasis. Plus, your DM Dock mounts to any stand or rack using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately).
- Includes 30-pin and Apple Lightning iPad connectors
- Compatible with GarageBand and virtually all other Core MIDI apps
- Alesis DM Touch app available from the App Store:
- 10 drum kits that include rock, jazz, electronic, and more
- 145 premium drum and percussion sounds from SONiVOX
- Easy drag-and-drop drum kit editing
- Configure drum trigger settings on the fly
- 12 input jacks for drum pads, cymbal pads, and other triggers
- Supports dual-zone pads, multi-choke cymbals, and three-zone rides
- Continuous hi-hat controller input
- Balanced outputs for recording or sound reinforcement
- Stereo headphone output with separate level control
- Assignable footswitch input provides additional control
- MIDI input jack, MIDI output jack
- USB port provides audio and USB MIDI
- Hinged door completely encloses and secures your iPad
- Secure, stage-ready iPad integration; Kensington® security slot
- Alesis Module Mount (sold separately) mounts to any stand or rack
- Power supply also charges your iPad